The Africa Clockwise adventure was endorsed by Minister Paul Mashatile of the South African Dept of Arts and Culture, to raise awareness around:
1) African solutions to climate change challenges
2) the AU’s Charter for African Cultural Renaissance.
Mark Sampson will be performing his Africa Clockwise eco-medy show at schools and embassies en route, and Sam Pearce will be promoting the Charter for African Cultural Renaissance’s focus on:
- Regional cultural integration.
- Cross border cultural exchange.
- The development of new markets for cultural groups, linked to audience development and arts education in schools.
- Cultural tourism, including festivals.
She will also be visiting Arterial Network chapters wherever possible, and meeting with arts and culture organisations in each country to spread a message of connection and pan-African pride.